The holiday season is the time of year when we celebrate good cheer with our families and friends, but it also presents opportunities for criminals to take advantage of those who don’t take the proper precautions. Some security tips are offered below.
- Don’t place your Christmas tree and presents in a place where the presents are clearly visible through a window to those passing by on the street.
- If you are not at home, don’t have packages delivered there if they will be sitting outside of your door for extended periods of time.
- Try to do your Christmas shopping with a friend. Also avoid displaying cash in public or carrying armloads of gifts.
- Hide valuables out of sight by putting them in the trunk of your car instead of leaving them in the open where anyone can see them.
- Keep your garage door closed and make sure that any doors that adjoin your house are locked.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Park in well-lit public areas and watch for suspicious activities or people.
- For those with a System 5 2GIG system, when you are away form home you can have the lights turn on in your home at night so it looks as though someone is still home.
From all of us at System 5 Electronics, have a safe and happy holiday season!